Saturday, March 21, 2015

Hong Kong

I left Hong Kong and immigrated to the U.S. in 1959.
My husband and I, with our three girls, made a trip back to Hong Kong in 1966, to visit the families - my husband's and mine. My parents and my in-laws were alive then. It was a good thing that we did make the trip then. My father passes away soon after. So did my mother-in-law. Later, the others did, too.
After that trip, it was twenty years before I revisited Hong Kong again.

Between 1986 and 2001, I, sometimes alone, sometimes with one or two of my family members, made some eight trips to Hong Kong, mainly to visit family and old friends. 
My trips were never lengthy, but always full of activities.
In 1987 and 1989, I went to see my mother who was disabled and living in an old folks' Home. 
On those trips, I also met up with my siblings, relatives, and old school mates.
Mother passed away in 1989. 
Of course, every time, I noticed vast changes in Hong Kong, more people, more buildings and roads, constant motions . . .  
There were ups and downs.    
I was impressed how Hong Kong was developing even after the Takeover in 1997 (the return of Hong Kong to China). 
Hong Kong people survied.
Hong Kong prospers.




1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you here, Loretta. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. I enjoy your blog almost as much as your paintings. I hope you are well on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete