Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A New Year

I cannot tell you how my "time" went. I have been living at the Conservatory for a little over two years now. But-

I have neglected to keep up with my writing. 

I have somewhat neglected to do some real painting.

You see, I have being piddling - doing little watercolor cards at the kitchen counter. Watercolor is cleaner and far less toxic than oil, and painting little watercolors takes little effort or thought. A cop out, I know. I make birthday cards and send them to selected "neighbors." They love the cards and praise me. Hence, I paint more little cards. What a "circle of events."

And, I have spent a lot of time watching News on television. What happens in the country worries me a lot. 

What is happening?

Throughout my ninety years, I had seen a lot, lived through a lot... 

I am not afraid of change, but I am afraid of "unreasonableness" and "madness."

I, like many, have "blinders" over my eyes, live on.

1 comment:

  1. So, glad you are writing againđź’–Robin

    ReplyDelete