Saturday, May 4, 2019

My Battle With Modern Technology

Give me a challenge and tell me that I could not do it, I will prove you wrong, even if it kills me! 

Call me a stubborn old woman!

Except when it comes to modern technology. I surrender to:
    Computers
    Notebooks
    i-Pads
    i-pods 
May be even i-phones.

Give me back my Pen and Pad! (Pad of paper, I mean.)

I do enjoy being able to obtain information on the Net. I can find out the facts and correct my faulty memories on most any given topics. I can find out how I can go from Point A to Point B. I can gather information on most any subjects that I wish to learn.

Hooray for the Internet!

And I am awed as to what Power the Net has - it is allowing me to share My stories with you. Especially with those of you some thousands of miles away from me. All with a click of the Key. 

But, it also leaves it wide open to anyone in the world who wishes to invade my "domain." 

"The Big Brother is watching you." Remember "1984"? The book by Orwell.

It is here in this 21st century. 

It has also enabled unscrupulous people to gather, and sometimes alter, and spread false information about us. 

And we are helpless and not able to defend ourselves. 

So my advice to all is: Be mindful of what you say and wish for! 

You don't know who is listening!

1 comment:

  1. Loretta you were an amazing energetic lady that I met and admired in Ada,Oklahoma.You loved having friends gather together to paint or draw. Your life and energy was amazing and your art was lovely.I am happy to say I have two of your paintings hanging in our home.

    ReplyDelete