Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A New Chapter


Here it is - a New Year, a New Life.


Last year, I made a big decision.
I decided that it is time for me to make a change in my life and in my life style.


I decided after being in the small town for over fifty years, it is time to say good-bye to it.


After much  investigation and consideration, I found the place to make my home - the Conservatory at Plano, in Plano, Texas.


So, here I am, one of some two hundred plus residents, in this large complex of apartments.


The process took me, with the help of one of my daughters and her patient and helpful husband, a good two months' time.


It was difficult to say the least , to let go of my years' accumulation of stuff. It was, however, liberating to shed myself of the many "things" that I thought I could not live without.


I am in a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment, on the fourth floor. I have lots of windows that bring me much light. Oh, I don't think that I could live in some dark and gloomy place. I also have a view of great sunset and city lights.


I am in a much bigger city than Ada now.


This City Born and Bred girl still has big city in her blood.


I shall miss my good neighbors and many "dear' friends in Ada.. But, alas, it is time to make a change.


The food is good.
The people here are friendly.
I am sure there are many stories that I would learn about. in due time.


I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment