Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Learning The Ropes

It is going to take me some time to get used to my new life here in the Conservatory.

Take for instance: Going to Walmart.

Now, you and I both know that going to Walmart is not a big deal. You get in your car and you drive to this Big store. You walk up and down the many different isles, leisurely, pushing your cart, and you shop or you simply want to look around. Or, you rush in and find the item you want on the familiar isle, and rush out. Ten minutes. Max.

You go to Walmart.

You buy something you need or you buy something you don't really need.

When I was in the small town of Ada, Oklahoma. Everyone went to Walmart. We went there to shop, we went there to see friends, or, to escape from friends. We went there to exercise - walking down the many isles, in this climate-controlled environment. 

I used to go to Walmart two or three times a week.

So, here I am in Plano. Texas, in this apartment complex (for seniors - I have to remind myself of this least I forget.)

They have scheduled visits to Walmart, three times a week.
So, I decided to "sigh-up" for this excursion this morning. 
On the sign-up sheet, there were some six or seven names.
It turned out that there were only two people, me and a lady of 90 (I will call her June), who actually wanted to go to Walmart. 

Around 9:30 a.m., off we went, in a van that usually seats some twelve or fourteen people. The driver let us off and told us that he was to pick us up at 9:50.  I thought that did not give us much time to shop. But being new, I did not protest.

June and I hurried and shopped for the few items that we wanted, checked out, and went to wait for our driver.

We waited and waited.
We visited.
I learned a lot about June.
Because - we had an hour to 'Visit."
Our driver showed up around 10:50 a.m.

He did deliver me to the conservatory safely - this time in a limo, since there were only June and me.
He then took June to Walgreen's, since that was where she wanted to go after Walmart . . .

The Service IS good!

I am learning . . .

If you want to go to Walmart from the Conservatory, you need to schedule ample time OR ELSE!

I missed my Sketch Class!

Oh, well, there will be another time.
We old folks have nothing but time, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment