Monday, January 19, 2015

BONE SOUP

The cobweb in my brain seemed to be there forever. There was not the big enough broom to clear it.

On the other hand, it seemed that I reach a state of Nirvana. 

Maybe not Nirvana, but an emptiness.

A strange feeling.

I guess, that the tank (my brain) is empty and I needed refill.

I am trying to nourish my body, so that my mind can revive.

I understand there  is a new fad, Bone Soup.
Yes, soup made with bones!
Well, I thought that was old news. We always knew that Chicken Soup was good for everything. Right?
I, being China-bred, knew that all soups are Good.

I heard that people are ordering a cup of Bone Soup instead of a cup of coffee for breakfast.  
Now, that is News!

Now what they mean by Bone Soup is really Stock - A stock is the liquid obtained from the simmering for hours, together of meat, bones, with vegetables, seasonings, and water. This liquid, strained, and boiled down to concentrate its flavor is the basis for soups.

This meat stock can be made with bones only, but it has more character if made with both meat and bones, about half and half.

So, get out your stock pot, and brew a pot of Bone Soup.

2 comments:

  1. Loretta, miss your lovely posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi Shihab Nye4/09/2016

    Loretta, I love your blog! It was such good luck to meet you at the Ada Public Library! Your beautiful painting is happy in our house! I am going to share your blog with others. You are truly a shining light.

    ReplyDelete