Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year!

Are you one of those who make New Year's resolutions every year?

Do you make a list of what you would do for 2015?
You want to lose weight.
You want to save money.
You want to see the world.
you want to help fight hunger . . .

Did you make the same kind of resolutions last year and never did anything about your resolutions? Most of us fail to follow through what we intend to do.

They say that in order for you to succeed, 
      You have to be specific,
         You have to take small steps,
      You have to be realistic,
      And You have to have a plan and stick to it.

Is it not the way life is?
You make a plan.
You break it down into parts.
You have a time line.
You take it step by step, accomplish one step at a time within the time line.
Don't forget to write it down.

True, life has a way of interfering with our plans. But get up and keep going if you were knocked down.
Keep going.

I don't have any earth-shaking resolutions for 2015. 

I do want to shed some weight - five to six pounds.
I will do it in three months. Certainly, I should be able to lose two pounds a month. I would not eat sweet desserts for three months. It is doable. Don't you agree?

I will try to remember the word "moderation" - doing everything in moderation. 

We will see how this would affect my life.

I wish you and yours all the happiness in 2015.


1 comment:

  1. MODERATION.. great advice. I'll try to remember it too!

    ReplyDelete