Friday, January 9, 2015

WINTER COLDS

They say that we are in for a severe winter this year. 

As a matter of fact, many parts of the U.S. are already experiencing this extreme cold weather. Lots of snow. Merciless winds.

This morning, our temperature was down to eight degrees. Not counting the wind chill.
My furnace is working overtime.

When I first moved to Oklahoma, I thought that I was living in a mild climate. I was wrong, of course.

People here say that if you don't like the weather, "stick around for a little while and it will change." Temperature in this place where I am could change drastically within a short time - a drop of ten or fifteen degrees in a few hours sometimes. 
We have hot, hot summers and cold winters. Not much in between. Spring and autumn days are fairly rare. We do treasure them when we have a few mild and windless days.
You heard about the Oklahoma Winds, of course.

The flu season is here. some of my friends are suffering from the flu even after taking the flu shots. The Bugs are winning? Chin up. You will beat the Bugs!

I don't have the flu, but I am fighting a beastly Cold.
My brain does not work too well.

I remember that I had a really bad case of flu years ago when I was in England.
I was more than miserable for about three or four weeks, with fever and the works. I thought I was going to die. 
I was staying in a hostel at the time. Isolated in a room for many long days. My friend, Joyce, was my sole sometime visitor.
It took me many more weeks to truly recover.

I hope you stay well, my friends.
Drink a lot of fluids.
Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits.
I am doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment