Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Dragon

There are twelve Chinese zodiac signs, each representing an animal.

Legend had it that one New Year's Day, Buddha called all the animals to appear before him, promising them rich rewards. Only twelve came. To honor them, Buddha named a year after each animal in the order of his (or may be her?) arrival.

The twelve animals are:
    Rat. Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.

I was born under the sign of the Dragon. I am a Dragon.

It is said that the Dragons are -
    Energetic  (I am somewhat that way, getting less so these days.)
    Intelligent  (I don't know. I do know that I am not really dumb.)
    Brave  (I don't think so. I put on a good front. Remember that I did not have the courage to follow my heart?)
    and, Generous  (I am generous most of the time.) 

It is said that things usually run smoothly for the Dragon (Not true, not true.  Most of the time I feel like I am struggling.)
It is said since Dragons are successful in almost everything they do, they are easily spoiled (May be it appears to you that way, but I really have to work at it. I failed History, remember?)
Dragon people dislike fastidiousness and criticism (I am working on this.)
It is also said that Dragons find it hard to control their tempers when things fail to run smoothly (I usually get mad at myself when that happens. I am of the opinion, don't get mad, get even. I go shopping when I am mad. Good therapy, you know.)

I might add, we Dragons are usually intuitive, and a bit eccentric. We march to a different drum. 

With fire coming out of our nostrils, we like attentions. Puff, goes the Magic Dragon.

So, here we are. Now you know more about me, can we still be friends? We Dragons are fiercely Loyal, you know..





No comments:

Post a Comment