Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Me And Free Cell

I have a confession to make. 

I have an addiction. 

I am addicted to playing Free cell on the computer!

When my computer was down, I thought I had withdrawal symptoms.
I kept going to the computer.
I tried to will it to work.
I felt that something was missing.
What was I doing?

We are creatures of habit. Right?
I wanted to play Free Cell.
I was missing my daily dose of Free Cell.

I don't know why is it that I am drawn to playing Free Cell on the computer. I am not even very good at it. But I want to Win! So I keep playing.

I am not really fond of games in general.
I don't watch Footballs. 
Don't Shoot me!

I would watch some Olympic Games.

When I first came to the U.S. My husband took me to a football game - University of Texas Longhorns against Texas A & M Aggies. A Big Deal!
You see, my husband was a die-hard UT graduate, a  Longhorn. 
He did try to explain the game to me. I never did understand the rules. Anyway, when UT made a touchdown, everyone in the stands jumped up and yelled, with their hands waving in the air.
I never saw so many grownups behaving in such a primitive manner. 
In unison no less!

Two of my girls played Tennis when they were young. So I was a Tennis mother. 
They won many trophies.
I went to some of their home games. Being a good mother, I wanted to support the girls.
Well, you know what - the girls would ask me, 
"Mom, do you know what is the score?" 
I did not really, but I would usually know whether they were winning or not, judging by how they and their opponents behaved. Good enough!

I played Bridge many years ago. But my mind would always be wandering while I was at the card game table. I thought of a hundred other things that I could be doing besides.

A friend of mine used to love to play games. She tried to teach me how to play Hand and Foot, and some other card games. None of them appealed to me.

When my children and grandchildren come to visit me, we would play Domino or Skip-Bo. I could take them or leave them, the card games, I mean. 
But, with Free Cell on the computer, that is a different story. 

My Reasoning tells me that I should be doing something else besides trying to Beat this game. 

Alas Free Cell beckons!


No comments:

Post a Comment