Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Technology vs. Me

Technology won.
Or may be the technician won.

I lost.

Yesterday, I was without my telephone (my land line) and my internet. 
The technician left me high and dry. No one showed up to fix up the problem. The technician did not answer my phone. Thank Goodness for my cell phone so I could still communicate with someone-else, if I had wanted to.

I was quite upset - I could not sleep. 
I almost called the company in the middle of the night to complain. Then, I counted to one hundred and calmed down. No point getting a heart attack over it. Right? 
So, I painted in the middle of the night - Painting calms me down.

I am doing a painting after Van Gogh
You learn a great deal by studying masters - the composition, the values, the colors, and much more.
And the best way to study it, is to copy it. Yes, to copy it!
You look at your copy, and you look at the master's work. You try to find out what is wrong with yours - alas yours is not as good as his!
Eventually, if you ponder long enough, you realize what you have done wrong - your land is not receding. You forget the basics: color fades as the land recedes and it gets bluer, value is lessened, and so on.
Go back to the drawing board! 

I did not realize how I depended on the phone and the internet these days - until I did not have the use of them yesterday. That was a Long day!

We take a lot of things for granted, until we lose it.
The little things, like fresh running water, electricity, clean air, good health . . .

Treasure what we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment