Thursday, September 25, 2014

Age Is Just A Number

People often are surprised to learn that I am as old as I am.

They ask, " What is your secret?"

I don' t really have a secret.

For years, I lived for my children and my husband - not really having a mind of my own to speak of. 

For years, I probably did a lot of meaningless activities. There are many things in life we think we must do that really are not worth doing. 

For years, I lived to bring up my children. Now they are on their own and have been for many years. I don't cling on to them, or to my grand children. 

"Bring them up" and let them Go.

Outwardly, I possibly presented to the world that I was simply a dutiful wife and a good mother. I lived for my family. But one thing was for sure, I never was pessimistic.

I had never lost my Inward Eye, though it had been in hibernation.

Like Wordsworth said, "The inward eye, which is the bliss of solitude."  I always knew that I needed Space. Now, I do have it, I cherish it. I also have found my Inward Eye.

I am on my way to know the Joy of a Simple Life.

I take responsibility.
I prioritize, or trying to anyway.
I try to 
     "Figure out my purposes. Let my purposes guide the goals of my life,
      Organize my activities based on my purposes,
      Harmonize my schedule with my purposes,       
      Bring my activities into agreement with my goals."

I learned to say, "No.", and to not do anything that I did not wish to do.

I try to have a Can Do attitude, a positive attitude. 
I try to exercise my mind. No, I don't do crossword puzzles.
But I engage in hobbies and activities.
I stay active.
I eat healthy.
I make sure that I have plenty of sleep. 

I am also learning how to be more patient and how to let go.

Yes, there are lot of "I"s in my life these days. You are ultimately responsible for yourself. Right?

Age is just a Number!

No comments:

Post a Comment