Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Location, Location, Location

We moved into that Old House in 1972.

Here we are now, in 2014.

Guess What?

I still live on the same street! 41 years! 
I hope to be here for a few more years yet.

I am not in the same house, but across the street from my Old house.

I had the great fortune of securing some vacant lots, among all these nice old established homes. That was some 27 years ago. The kids were grown and gone. 
So, we had a home built to suit our needs. How lucky was I? 
I am by myself now, but I still love living in this home. 


We built this newer home - smaller and easier to take care of, and more suitable for aging people.

Most of my old neighbors are gone. But my present neighbors are super wonderful. Some of them have been here for more than twenty-five or thirty years. And, I would not trade them for any one else.

I love my neighbors and my neighborhood! 

It is just a couple of blocks away from the University and the tennis courts. Two of my girls played tennis a lot when they were teens and won many tournaments. 
We are so situated that the university commuters do not bother us. 
We have a tree-lined street. Some of the trees are more than 60 or 70 feet tall. 
We are not on a thorough-fare either, so there is not that much traffic. 
I am in town but I feel like "out of town." 
I am five or ten minutes away from the bank, the post office, or shopping.

I know, I know.
You can do everything on line these days. But I am old-fashioned, and I still want the Human Touch. 

When we moved here, I was not in the Real Estate business. I did not know about the importance of Location. I guess we just lucked out. 
If you are in the market for a home, or if you are thinking about buying a home in the future, do remember the three little words,
"Location, Location, Location." 

You can change the way the house is built, but you cannot change the location!

To give us the icing on the cake, so to speak, our old house was one of our best investments we made!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Auntie, Aida started reading your blog too!

    ReplyDelete