Saturday, September 13, 2014

"Start Packing"

When one is struggling with day-to-day living, the person is least likely to be creative or inventive. We fight to survive - to overcome our immediate problems, big or small.

I was way too busy to think about Creativity. May be, at that time, I was content merely to create pretty little dresses for my baby.

I am not saying that I was in any peril, though it may seem to me to be so in some ways. My little problems seemed to be insurmountable to me at times.  But, in fact, I was merely trying the small task of "bringing up baby" and "being a wife."

This brings me to the thought that, if and when hunger is on a person's mind, he would want to know where his next meal is coming from. He has no time to think about how to make the world more beautiful or how to improve his environment - he may not have an environment to improve upon. He may be homeless, jobless, etc.
That is why the most productive periods in history happened when a Dynasty was at peace - with peace comes prosperity and creativity. We then have time to enjoy what beauty nature and humans have to offer us.
It is a rare creature who would do otherwise - There may be a very few exceptions throughout the history of mankind.

For most of us mere mortals, life is for survival only!

So in my small world, "survival" was the only problem - "Get through the day!"

I had no time to think - not to mention what Buddha said, "contemplating the navel."

I did mention to you that for a long period of my life in my early marriage, I Did Not Think. 
I merely lived. 
Not overly joyful nor unhappy. I accepted things as they were. My husband, in his way, loved me (even though I thought I was been smothered by him a bit.) and he tried as he said "to protect me." But the one thing neither he nor I realized was that I was also a thinking and feeling human being (I was in hibernation).
Of course, we were not the only ones who had this fault. I see this everyday even now, in our human race. When are we going to wake up? 
In this small southwestern town, in particular, I still see Male Domination and Female Subordination in more ways than one. Lets face it, It is still a man's world!
It took me a long time to understand this. 

It often takes some Events to awaken us, as it did me years later. 

But for the time being - I "started packing" whenever my husband told me that we were going to move to another place - for his job changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment