Monday, November 10, 2014

"Cleopatra's Sister"

"Cleopatra's Sister" by Penelope Lively.

I was so engrossed in this page-turner of a book that I could not put it down until I finished it. 

Do you ever do that?

A great read! 

The blurb said that - 

". . . the past has always seemed to haunt the present in Penelope Lively's novels . . . her book explores the role of choice and contingency in human life and in the stories we construct about our lives and the world.
". . . a novel that sparkles with wit, humor, and keen insight into the storytelling faculty of the human mind."

Wish I could have said that.

Sadly, in most of of lives, we are too busy living for the moment, or making a living, we do not stop to think and ponder. 

We normally do not have the insight into the human mind. I certainly do not.

A Pity!

No comments:

Post a Comment