Monday, November 17, 2014

Portrait Of A Painter?

Oftentimes, at a workshop, the students would paint one another.

I learned that Fellow students make great painting subjects.

One afternoon, I was painting in the courtyard. Without my knowledge, Eleanor, a professional painter from Florida, painted me. She made me looking younger and better. Me, the imposter (I, being an amateur painter). 
When she showed the painting to me, I had to have it, of course. So she let me buy it from her. 
Eleanor is a great painter. I love her style. Needless to say, I treasure her portrait of me painting.
So here it is -


                            me      by Eleanor Blair      oil
 
The courtyard was beautiful, full of flowering shrubs and potted plants. I was painting the building where we had our meals. Some years ago, I had given that painting to a friend. Regretfully, I neglected to keep a photo of it.

Eleanor also gave me a lesson on Plein-aire painting. Thank you, Eleanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment