Friday, November 7, 2014

Paint And Play

 
   my painting - Don Pedro restaurant  oil

In the mornings, I would do some small watercolors on postcard stocks, at our breakfast bar.
I could not resist the beautiful ocean view from the terrace.

I had seen ocean views in Hong Kong, but it was nothing like the ones in Sayulita. The water was so colorful - the blues, the greens, the aquamarines, even purples, and reds  . . .
And the waves! Coming in non-stop.
In the beginning, the waves kept me awake at night. Then, I finally got used to it.
And, I did not expect it to be so cold. After the sun went down, the wind came up, it was quite chilly.
I had to purchase some warm clothing - a poncho! 

At about 9:30 or 10:00 in the mornings, we gathered at a rooftop terrace across from my Tree House. Our classes began. Ann would give us some lectures, then she would do a demo and we would paint. 
Our workshop was on Oil painting. We had lessons on equipments, paints, composition, color, value, the works . . . I learned in two weeks about oil painting, more than I did in several years in Ada.

Some days, we would go to town to paint.

Late afternoons, we lined up what we produced during the day along the walls and had our Critique sessions. You would be surprised how much work we could produce. Some of us in the group were seasoned painters, they would show some amazing paintings, two or three for each day.
Of course, many of us were painting from dawn to dusk. We were always reluctant to quit in the afternoons. The sunsets were glorious.

In the evenings, all of us would dress up a little and went to Don Pedro's for dinner. Or, sometimes, we would go to the open air restaurant on the beach and had those freshly caught fish. There were a lot of margaritas flowing!
Then we would walk along the beach, back to Villa Amor, or to the casitas, or to where-ever any of us were staying.

We always brought our flashlights. 
There were no street lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment