Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veterans Day

Veterans Day.

Thank you, to all of you, who risk your lives to keep us safe.

I, for one, cannot imagine the real horrors of war though I grew up closely under the shadows of wars.

We are at war now. Yet we can carry on with our lives as usual. There are no rations, or street fights, or riots where I am.  If I do not turn on the TV for any news, I would not know that there is a war going on, for us.

There are always wars going on in the world, however.

Do you know the book, All was Quiet On The Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque? The first book that actually described some of the realistic happenings in a war. I read that many years ago.
Of course, there have been many more stories written about wars, whether they were fought in the fields or on the streets or else where. 

Still, it is not easy for me to imagine the physical and mental sufferings. 
I have not been there. 

So thank you again, veterans.

And thank you to those brave men and women who are protecting us right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment