Sunday, August 31, 2014

Attention Deficit Disorder

I think if I had been born in the U.S., I would be considered being a kid with ADD - Attention Deficit Disorder.

I get bored fairly easily. My brain is often "whirling" - my thoughts run faster than my speeches or my writings. I forge ahead - headstrong. I have always been willful and obstinate, except in the early days of my marriage - that is another story, being the submissive "little wife." 

My doggedness, sometimes pays off, sometimes not.

I don't think I have ADD.

If and when I found something that really speaks to me, I can be utterly passionate about it, and try to do the job well - single-mindedly - until I succeeded. 
Get the job done or Bust. No. I don't take Busting very well.

I did that somewhat with my Real Estate career. When I started selling Real Estate, I was about forty-eight years old. Being -
      a near senior,
      a woman,
      non-white,
to survive in a Sea of White Male Domination in this small Southwestern town was not easy. I made it - by sheer doggedness, I believe.
I retired at the age of seventy-five. 

Then I pursued my passion of painting. 
I am still at it - may be not as doggedly as before, but I still paint often. I have done over seventy 6x6 small paintings in the last couple of months - not too bad, right?
I have a boxful of ribbons - blue ones, red ones, green ones, and Best of Shows, I have collected throughout these last few years. 


                                         6x7                  Flowers

                                  7x5                           Tomatoes

                                  8x6                           Breakfast?

                                  6x6                  Charlotte's place
 
I learned a lot by 'doing.'

In doing all this, I found some Truth.
The Truth is -
     Find something that you are passionate about.
     Put 100% (may be 110%) of your energy into it - body and soul.
     Learn the rules.
     Learn the techniques.
     Learn to Study and Think.
     Then Practice what you have learned, 
     Then Practice,
             Practice,
             And Practice.

You can make it.

 I guarantee you.


Sure, you have to make some sacrifices.
But nothing in Life is free.
So find your passion.
Learn all about it.
Then follow suit - forge ahead until you achieve you aim.
When you achieved your aim, reward yourself.
Take a cruise.
Buy a Diamond.
Or Whatever you fancy.
Best of all -
Take Pride in yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment